Disability Aid Abroad is a Northern Ireland charity established to change the lives of people with disabilities living in developing countries.
People with Disabilities in developing countries are the ‘forgotten voice’ of international aid, and they need urgent specific targeted aid.
- 50 million people with disabilities living in Africa of which only 2% have access to any form of aid
- 90% of children with mental disabilities die before the age of 5
- 70% of disabled adults live in abject poverty
- 650 million persons with disabilities in the world, or 10 per cent of the global population.
- An estimated 80% of these persons live in developing countries, many in conditions of poverty.
- People with Disabilities are disproportionately represented among the world’s poor and tend to be poorer than their counterparts without disabilities.
There is an urgent need to solve this appalling problem and Disability Aid Abroad has been formed specifically to help disabled people in developing countries.
Charity Number XR97046 Registered Company Number NI061032